Translate

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Name Game Mini Quilt Received!

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance."          - Anonymous



At the beginning of the year I joined the Name Game Swap at Samelia's Mum's Place  The Swap was to end on March 15.

                                           
We all had secret partners....one that made a mini quilt for us with our name or blog name on it and another for whom WE made a mini quilt for.

I posted the one I made for Mrs. Pickles awhile back and she received it last week.............and TODAY I got my mini from Vicky, the Patchwork Queen!



Just look at the detail!  4 beautiful appliqued hearts.....gorgeous fabric........Each corner has a little needlework icon.....a sewing machine, a spool, a pin cushion, and some buttons.  And Vicky embroidered my Blog name on it!  Thank you, Vicky....it is a gift I will treasure for years to come!

Vicky also included some of the charms that were left over and a couple of  yummy chocolate bars from UK for me to sample and a couple of cute little magnets..............The Wispa chocolate was heavenly......I'm saving the Flake for later.........



I also want to remind you all about the Novelty and Solids Layer Cake Swap my sister at Hilachas and I are hosting.   We both love the 5 x 5 charm swaps but it seems that sometimes we would like to have just a little more of that certain fabric that we already used up.   

 So we agreed that a swap with 10 x 10 squares might just be the answer to that little problem.  If you like our idea and would like to join the swap just click on the link above or the button below to get to the sign-in page where you can get more details.  We would love to have you join us!




I think it is wayyyyyyyyyy past my bedtime .....in fact it is already tomorrow!  eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!




7 comments:

Pippa Parsons said...

ohh flakes are so yummy...if you do a search on you tube you'll come out with their awesome and sometimes provocative adverts... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aUTdYsZda8

enjoy :)

Diane Wild said...

That mini is adorable. How thoughtful of your swap partner.

Needled Mom said...

What a sweet mini quilt!!! That really was a fun swap. I have enjoyed seeing what everyone has come up with in their work.

Josie McRazie said...

Sew cute! Still waiting for mine ;(

Rachel said...

*I* am ignoring the fact that you have chocolate and I don't...moving on, I love you name game quilt. SO cute!!

Richard Healey said...

Love that mini quilt its wonderful.


http//richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.com

Cherie said...

Aww its so cute!! =D