Translate

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dresden Table Topper Done! Back to Little Apples and Novelty & Solids Layer Cake Swap Success!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. -Albert Schweitzer


I finished Mom's Dresden table topper.......as I mentioned before, I was not liking the original way I set the half plates so I turned them around and added some half square triangles to all the corners.....and voila!  I'm happy.


I had put the Little Apples quilt on the back burner while I waited for some charms I ordered to come in and here they are!



I know I usually go on and on about my "bossy" big sister but she is also one of the sweetest people I know........she knew I was short on fabric for the back of my Little Apples Quilt and she just happened to have a half yard of one of the fabrics in the collection.........so she didn't blink an eye.......just donated it "to the cause" and I am ready to get back to it........

Last of all I wanted to give a wonderful report on the Novelty and Solids Layer Cake Swap that she and I coordinated together...........Just look at this loot!



We were able to get all 24 slots filled and all the packets have been mailed back to everyone..............we want to thank all of you who participated and since everything went so well we may just decide to try it again sometime!


I think that wraps it up for today's post...........looks like I covered everything in the title so I will get outta here.........
TaTa for Now..............

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the table runner Ida and you are right they do look better turned the other way,well done on a lovely finish.xx

Gina Loomis said...

The table runner looks great! Great timing on getting the runner done & the Little Apple charms arriving!

Hilachas said...

Mama's table topper looks lovely. She's going to love it.
I can hardly wait to see your finished quilt. As fast as you get things done, it won't be much longer.
I like the new font you're using on your blog. And YES, our layer cake swap was a wonderful success.

Karen O said...

Hey, that is the fabric I sent on top. :) I can hardly wait to get my package! I thank you SO MUCH for coordinating this. I see some fabrics I have wished I could have in that pile. So fun!

Cherie said...

The solids really bring out the Dresden plates!
Can't wait to see that quilt! =D