Translate

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

One Flower Wednesday---Munchkin Land!

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ― Dalai Lama 
 
Last week I showed you a couple of flowers that were missing petals while I waited for more fabric to complete them...........and I was so happy that the fabric was shipped quickly and I was able to get the flowers finished...
 
Here is the Lollipop guild....at least part of it.........the other two heads are on the next flower....lol

Here is the rest of the Lollipop Guild and some of the Munchkin Houses behind them.....


I also showed you a partial flower of the Munchkin Coroner holding the Death Certificate of the Wicked Witch of the West  last week and here is the rest of him.  Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of him before I sewed the flower to the other flowers:


and here are both flowers sewn to the section with Dorothy's house...........The Oz Hanging is beginning to take shape!

 
 To the right and upward next will come the Talking Tree Forest......and after that the Magic Poppy fields............
But before going there I am going to try to work on the left side of the hanging.........the Kansas side............here is a sneak peek of the next flower I'm working on.............I'll bet you can guess who or what that might be???
 
Before I say "Ta-Ta for now" I want to tell you all about a great Giveaway on Linda's Stray Stitches Blog..........she is giving away a $25 Gift Certificate to one of my favorite fabric places and one of my sponsors.......The Fat Quarter Shop! Just click above on Linda's Link or the link below....either will take you to the place you can enter the giveaway!

Ok then, I will say Ta-Ta for now and see you next time.............
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

Mrs.Pickles said...

just so darn cute!!

Karen said...

Love the Munchkin's and is that Dorothy's bicycle I see?

Anonymous said...

man you are good Ida,they are fantastic,well done.xx

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Oh my, Ida! You are creating the most amazing flowers and I look forward to seeing the completed piece. Thanks for the plug about my giveaway :)

Carla said...

Oh my word! That is the definition of " fussy" cut. Awesome hexies

Hilachas said...

You're doing such a beautiful job on your Oz flowers. You're so creative (but then you'e always been creative) in putting those hexie petals together in just the right way. You also do a good job of keeping us guessing what you'll come up with each week. WTG!

Anthea said...

Ida, you are doing so well, fantastic! I think the bicycle is Miss Gulch?

Hennie said...

Super mooie bloemetjes heb je gemaakt, hoe krijg je het voor elkaar, knap hoor ! ! !

Kat said...

Oooh, oooh, oooh!! I know, I know! Pick me!!! :-) Can't wait to see the bicycle flower!

I love the photo of all the flowers coming together... perfect!

Cherie said...

OK so I seriously have to watch the movie closely I don't recall half of those characters being in there! Some fabulous looking flowers! That hanging is going to be awesome! =D

Janet said...

So wonderful! Once this quilt is done I might have to come see it in person.... And do you know I have never seen the movie...

Grit said...

This is so great. I never see this before.
Liebe Grüße Grit