Translate

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

No Flower Wednesday but Lots of Sugar Plum Visions



"Every tomorrow has two handles.  We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or with the handle of faith."  ---Henry Ward Beecher



Still not able to linkup with Karen's One Flower Wednesday page because I am still working on the last of my Christmas gift projects. This is the State Bird Dresden quilt I started earlier in the year for my son.  Last night I finished the pillow shams.....


 The quilt already includes all 50 states so I used the birds from our two home states, Texas and New Mexico, on the shams...

I wasn't happy with the quilting in some areas so I am doing a little ripping before I finish and get it wrapped and under the tree but I was starting to get bug-eyed so I had to take a little break.  While I was on my "break" I managed to do a little Christmas baking ......

Got some lemon bars and some chocolate chip cookies done.........
I thought I might be able to get the beef tamales made today to add to the pork ones I made last week but the quilt calls first.....but here is a peek at what I made last week.....
There are about 4 dozen pork tamales in the freezer right now.....I made about 5 dozen but one dozen sort of disappeared.....lol.....

Ok then....time to get back to the quilt.....hopefully the next time you hear from me I will be done!  Ta-Ta For now.....talk to you next time....
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what a wonderful quilt set for your son,he will be rapt,and boy some yummy cooking there.xx

Needled Mom said...

I'll be right over for some tamales and lemon bars!!!

Your dresden pillows look wonderful. I just love your quilt too.

Merry Christmas to all!

hafza said...

You lemon bars and chocolate chips looks yummy!! Wish you and your family A Merry Christmas!