Translate

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Iris Emma's Quilt Progress......


   "You don't make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas."― Shirley Chisholm



Well.....shoot.....a little complaining is ok once in awhile but for the most part I do like to get things done like the quote above suggests we do..............unfortunately, it appears I was so anxious to implement some ideas today that I hit the "Publish" button instead of the "Preview" button  before I was ready and so hopefully I can get this finished before anyone of my followers wonders what's going on with me..........well....in my defense........I am visiting my Mom and her internet connection is a little slow so things are not going as smoothly with my post as if I were at home.....

Anyway.........I finished the flimsy for Iris Emma's Raggedy Ann Quilt and have the sandwich pinned together and have started some of the quilting.......there will be a machine embroidered heart in each of the corner squares.....


 
something like this.......
 
 I will do some FMQ meandering around the other areas.....

 



I decided that Raggedy Ann needed a couple more dresses so Iris Emma can actually play with her so I used some more of the same fabric I am using on the quilt to give her a bigger wardrobe............

So that's about it for today............I brought the quilt to show Mom but forgot my FMQ foot so I'll work on it some more when I get home...........I'll see you next time......Ta-ta for now................



5 comments:

Hilachas said...

Your quilt (excuse me, Iris Emma's quilt) is beautiful! I can hardly wait to see it finished. AND the Raggedy Ann and wardrobe are fabulous as well. You've done such a good job. What a lucky girl Iris Emma is to have a wonderful Nana like you.

Needled Mom said...

Your quilt has turned out so cute. I love the hearts in the blocks too. She is already a very loved little girl.

I love the idea of a wardrobe for Raggedy Ann. She will have such fun changing her clothes.

CATHY DANIEL said...

What a lucky girl she is to be getting such a lovely quilt with all that love poured into the making of it! It's beautiful. xCathy

Missy Shay said...

I absolutely love it!

Janet said...

I made lots of Raggedys years ago for my kids and nieces and nephews. But I don't think I ever gave any of them red hair. LOL... My Thai nephew got one with dark skin and black hair...