Translate

Friday, February 6, 2015

Raggedy Finish and a Beautiful Table Topper

"The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work." - Richard Bach


I think I am back to my "instant gratification" mode..........anyway, Raggedy Ann went together so quickly!  I stayed up late on Wednesday night and finished putting her together, making her dress  and sewing her hair on..........then yesterday I sewed up her apron and pantaloons...........and Voila!  It's just like the quote above.....I was having so much fun that it wasn't any work at all!


Ann's heart says "I Love Iris Emma" and her back shows she was made with love by Nana....




 Here is another photo of Ann sitting on the beautiful table topper my Sis made for me for Christmas....




I love the topper.......thank you, Irene.....and, as my son says, it makes a great Chess or Checker board!  Irene knows how I love her little "make-do" hexie flowers so she included two of them on the topper for me:  Can you spot the "make-do" petals?  The dark blue one is really a good one!

















I also got 4 more Raggedy Ann embroidery squares done for Iris Emma's quilt..........just 4 more to go!




So back to work play!   I'm going to try to get the rest of the blocks done so I can start putting the quilt front together next week since  I actually do have to go back to work tonight.....first of my two night shifts.....then followed by two day shifts before I get a day off again.......all I can say is Ta-Ta for now..............and see you next time............



5 comments:

sunny said...

Well, aren't you just on a roll! Very cute Annie.

Needled Mom said...

Oh Ida....she is beautiful and will be cherish by your granddaughter. It makes me want to make another one!

The embroidery designs turned out great too.

Irene's gift is beautiful. The chess comment sounds like something my sons would say.

Hilachas said...

Awe, the Raggedy Ann is gorgeous and something I hope Iris Emma will treasure knowing her Nana made it especially for her. I'm glad you liked the table topper and did notice the "make-dos." Jajaja, I know how much you like those and I enjoyed making it for you.

Missy Shay said...

Your Raggedy Ann turned out great! Good job!

Mrs.Pickles said...

awww so cute she will cherish her for years!