Translate

Friday, February 27, 2015

Raggedy Quilt Finish plus a LuvBug!

 "The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be" – Marcel Pagnol.


Yay! I am finished with Iris Emma's Raggedy Ann quilt and, as you see, Raggedy Ann is very pleased!


 This time I put my label right on the front of the quilt just inside
one of the corner hearts of the Raggedy Ann Blocks....(yes I cut all those loose threads off the label....lol) Thanks to my Sis for such a great idea on where to put the label this time!

The other thing I got accomplished this week is a birthday gift for one of the ladies who works with me on the graveyard shift.  I had made one of these for each of the girls birthdays before she came on with us and she just loved it so here is her very own!

 My friend loves her VW bug and the color purple so I machine embroider/appliqued a sweet Luv-bug design for her......Above is the front with pocket....and below is the inside with ziplock bags and two additional pockets.............
 This awesome little bag can be used as a sewing or craft kit or just about anything.......One of the girls I made one for uses hers for her important papers.  It is made with 2 fat quarters and 6 ziplock freezer bags and I just happen to know where a fabulous tutorial can be found if you are interested:  Just click on this link at Hilachas Blog

Ok then...............the day is still young before I have to go into work the graveyard shift so I will just say Ta-Ta for now..........see you next time..............


 


7 comments:

sunny said...

You quilt is adorable! And the label on the front is just perfect. Your co-worker is very lucky to get one of your cute little project folders. I think i need one.

Hilachas said...

OMG, it's done! I love it, love it. What a fabulous finish and such a perfect gift for your darling granddaugher. The little bag for your friend turned out perfect too.

Missy Shay said...

I told my husband I want an embroidery machine like yours so I can make cute labels like yours! Your quilt turned out great!

Needled Mom said...

The quilt turned out soooo cute and I love the wonderful label. It is perfect on the front like that. NOW....we need that little girl to snuggle in it.

The craft gift for your friend is a great idea. I can think of a lot of uses for it. I know she will love it.

Helen said...

Oh I LOVE it, it looks just gorgeous for one very lucky little lady !!!

Janet said...

So many congratulations on a first granddaughter!! She will love the Raggedy Ann quilt!

Koala Sez said...

What a beautiful quilt for your precious granddaughter. Seems like yesterday ours were babies. Love you I :) Di