Translate

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Christmas Stuff a little late.......

" Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. "-William Arthur Ward


Here it is 2016 and I am barely posting Christmas stuff......golly I have to get with it!

Well anyway..........the infusion center at the hospital where I work has a sweet little boutique where they sell items to raise money for their patients........I had donated a tote bag to them during their breast cancer campaign and asked if they would like more.......they told me they would love some smaller Christmas bags that they could fill as gift bags so here is what I came up with.................I made 4 little bags and I "made" my sister, Irene, make some too!  (I love when I can turn the tables on her...lol)..........these are the ones I made .......the ladies at the infusion center loved them so much that I have promised "WE" would make them some more for Valentine's Day!




The next thing I had fun with last month was surprising my niece, Sara, with her very own Raggedy Ann........Sara had loved the one I made for my Hairdresser Sis so I decided she needed her own...........Sara is a teacher and graduate of UNM so I dressed her Raggedy Ann in team colors with the team mascot (Lobo) emblem..............

I think Sara likes her Raggedy Ann!

Over 45 years ago I made my first Raggedy Ann and gave it to my "baby sister", Lynette, who was about 6 years old at the time........Lynette is Sara's Mom..........and she still has her doll!



You might have noticed that the "new, improved Raggedy" now has longer, highlighted hair....and poor 'middle-aged" Raggedy's hair appears to have thinned out a bit........lol....





I have more to show you but I will save it for the next post......







5 comments:

Hilachas said...

I'm glad we were able to help the Infusion Center. What is it they do, exactly? I know Sara loved her Raggedy Ann, as did her cousin and mother all those years ago.

Sara said...

I LOVE my Raggedy Ann!! Thank you again, so much! :)

Lynette said...

Loved the post!! You made Sara so happy. I s,till love my little raggedy too. :)

Anthea said...

lovely support of the infusion centre Ida... your niece looks very happy with her gift, it's like there's a family of Raggedy now!

Needled Mom said...

Those bags turned out beautifully. I can see why they would be so thrilled with them.

Loved the updated Raggedy! That is perfect, but I must say the the old one looks great for her age - no wrinkles either.

So glad to see the return of the block party. I will start on mine when we get home.